So here is the list of stuff that begs to be taken to ball games...whether it be your kid's teeball game or your nephew's little league or even your brother's highschool world series.
1. Eye candy. Nothing can get you through those long innings like drooling over the latest glossy mag.
2. Blankie. Cush for your tush, towel for damp bleachers, and a wrap for those sweaty jerseys - a thin mexican blanket will do it all and still fit in your bag.
3. Cash. Tuck enough in your pocket for a footlong, a tray of nachos, a pretzel, some Nerd Ropes, cotton candy and a water...because you are on a diet.
4. Wristlet. A little tote for your wrist can hold the cell phone, the keys, and a credit card...just in case you eat all your cash.
5. Extra Strength Excedrin. 25 kids + 36 arguing parents + 3 umps + 2 random guys that scream 'heads up' after every contact with a ball = 1 major migraine.
6. Meat product. Since they don't sell pork in a small tube...beef will do.
7. Lip Gloss. Because prepackaged meat can be messy. And because there is that crazy mom who documents every single person at every single game....and yes, I hope to be her one day.
8. Granola. So that you can say that you ate a well-rounded meal. Or have one on hand to give your kid after the 4 oz juice box isn't enough.
9. Pashmina. Take a bite outta the chill with a shoulder wrap. Also functions as a face cover when entering the car with a sweaty child.
10. Water bottle. To wash down the excedrin. Or for wiping off the bleachers.
And then don't forget to make sure it all fits nice and tight into an oversized tote. I like to stack things with the bag lying down...that way if I need something as I walk into the park, I can just grab it. Like if I see Will Ferrell running naked, I could whip out the cell phone. Sure, I could just google that later but the point is, make sure your accessories are accesible.
And here is me with my fake smile and my ready-to-go bag. Yes, I am a poser. Literally. And yes, I photoshopped that monster zit off my face while saying 'strike three - yur ouutta heyah!'.
So what would you add to your ballgame bag? Any good tips you wanna share? I am root-root-rooting for someone to pull a Madonna and say crackerjack....and A-rod :)