Thursday, January 15, 2009

Yet Another Reason...

...why I love my boyfriend.



We have light in our basement! YAY! My handsome dear lover took the initiative to install the recessed lighting. It probably is because I complained that we didn't get anything done in the house this past weekend. He reminded me that we built a closet for our friends who were having an appraisal done for their re-finance deal. The appraisal-boosting closet turned their extra bonus over-the-garage room into a bona fide bedroom. I retorted that 'it wasn't our house' and I am pretty sure I did a 'z' style snapping sequence...am I stinking selfish or what?!?! Lord, forgive me for my pissy tude. And please bless my BFF hubbie for having the patience to deal with his four year old wife.



The recessed lighting was an obvious choice for the low ceiling and we decided to do five lights in the room and two in the closet. The placement of each light was decided for us by the beams, crossbeams, gas lines and joists in the ceiling. We didn't want to go through the extra work of moving things around up there...so we chose locations for the lights that required little to no "bonus renovations".



And just for all you peeps that like renos and the quirks of DYI...we do our plans on whatever happens to be lying around. In this case, it was the light box. Unfortunately, this particular unit that comes in this box was the wrong size. Now we have marked our ceiling measurements marked and this light (and the box) will be returned to the store :)


oh - and one other thing...

(WARNING: Single ladies - just give up because nobody can compare if you read this story. If you proceed, a long, miserable, uncontent life will be inevitable!)

my boyfriend can do...

the most. amazing. thing.

with a round brush and a blow dryer.

Yes, girls, my boyfriend can give a blow-out better than my hairdresser.

I showed him one time. He picked up the brush. my hair is now ridiculous. It is like I am Jessica and I have my own personal Ken Paves. best part - my husband isn't even gay.

17 comments:

Emily said...

I seriously don't understand how you two can be so talented [throwing tantrum, kicking feet and all - now who's 4?].

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I think you just try to make us jealous. Your husband installs lighting and blows out your hair.

My hubs doesn't even own a comb. He tells me its a non-essential. No joke. =)

Love the lighting!

Christi said...

Don't you feel like a princess everyday with an incredible hubby? Such a blessing to be loved like that AND be able to love someone like that!

um and look at how far your basement has come?!! holy moly...way to go bowers!

you and jeremy are welcome anytime...extra room and bathroom are always made up for guests! =)

Katie said...

Just a little FYI - I know it may sound like I am trying to induce jealousy...but I don't brag on half of what my Jeremy does! Plus his mom reads this and I like to get in-law points :)

And speaking of talent - I like to say we are a jack-of-all-trades kinda people...majority of folks are...most of them are just too nervous to try. So this is your time to take the risk and be a nike girl (just do it!)

And if Jack isn't your name, then the "master of one trade" is a pretty great alternative. heck, I know I have wished many times that instead of being ok at a bunch of stuff, I was excellent at one thing.

Emily, you aren't allowed to say anything...I have seen the showers you throw (amazing) and the headboards you make (unbelievable). Many peeps are throwing a fit that they aren't YOU!

XO - Katie

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Your basement is going to be awesome. I'm married to one of those can do anything guys - I'm lucky!

Heidi said...

OMG, I laughed my butt off at your husband's secret talent. Mine gets scared anytime he sees the flat iron!

Lindsay said...

omg! A blowout! wtf. Can he please give my bf a lesson??

###### said...

I wish my honey could do that...dang

LC said...

Hahah! I need to figure out how to teach my husband how to do my hair. Good thinkin!

Jill said...

Can I borrow your boyfriend? I have a few things that we would need help with at our house... from the looks of it, he would be better at it than we would be...

THANKS in advance!

Jen said...

I should hope your husband isn't gay! And oh my gosh, no wonder we are BFF, I'm four years old too!! (My poor hubby.) I totally laughed out loud at your z-snapping sequence, wish I could have seen it.

LyndsAU said...

my husband would catch my hair on fire if he tried to blow my hair out!! ha!
i am envious my dear :)

Mrs. McB said...

I want to see a picture of this blow out. :)

Karen At Home Blog said...

My husband is jealous of your boyfriend and your basement:)

Katie said...

Jeremy only promised to give me a blow-out once a month...so next month I will definitely give you a photo of the outcome :)

I am truly blessed to have him - and I will rent him out for a nominal fee...send in your info :)

XO - Katie

Michael said...

LOL...when you have a vajayjay, gay husbands are such a bad thing

:)

Katie said...

Amen Michael!

I will say this - I wouldn't trade my metrosexual husband for anything...he's the best of both worlds to me :)

XO - Katie