Monday, January 12, 2009

Ought to be Wrought

Faux wrought...Faux real :)

Remember the three tiered plate stand I got from Goodwill for Christmas? I finally got around to giving it a quick sand and coat of spray paint. The makeover magic with a can of spray paint can be unreal. This subtle change from a traditional gold colored plate stand to a black wrought-ironed inspired version fits in with the rest of my decor and has a more contemporary feel.


BEFORE : OLD AND GOLD




AFTER : NOT WHACK in BLACK




Sure, it isn't a ginormous jaw-dropping transformation. It is really subtle actually. But the fact remains - the new color matches my other 3-tiered plate server - and anytime I can achieve matchy-matchiness, I am happier than a giraffe in a necklace factory. Plus, I only paid four bones for this handy dandy appetizer serving station/stacked plate holder versus paying twice as much at BB&B :) Sure, it ain't much but I think that it's bust-a-move-worthy...go on girl. Show me your best sprinkler! Or in leiu of the moonwalk, you could send me some before/afters of your makeover so I can brag on your spraycan skills - your choice!

16 comments:

Pretty Little Things for Home & Life said...

Great idea. I have to admit, I probably would have overlooked the item just cause it was gold. I'll have to swing by my Goodwill, it's been ages and see what Bower-inspired pieces I can pick up :)

leah @maritalbless said...

I had no idea that giraffes were happy in necklace shops! :) I love it!

claire @ a peachtree city life said...

I heart spraypaint.

Tammi said...

For some reason, when you changed your blog to have BIG pics on your posts, my PC doesnt show your pics. :( Bummer..any ideas as to what might be the problema? Thanks! Love your blog, miss your pics...

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

That gold was a bit grandma-y, wasn't it? Thumbs up for the super easy upgrade!
Katie

Anonymous said...

So much better! It looks fabulous now!!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Looks cute - love your eye

Jill said...

Love it! Looks so new and fresh! :)

Kelli said...

Great find and fix!

Michael said...

Love it! I need to find something to spray paint.

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

*Bowing to the inventor of paint in a spray can...Let alone Metallic*

Niice!

###### said...

LMAO, NOT WHACK IN BLACK!!!!!

Jen said...

Fabulous! You are so on the ball. I would have probably gotten around to it in like six months' time.

Wanna come over and finish painting two bookcase doors for me?

Freckles Chick said...

Long live spraypaint! Definitely love the black finish. And giraffes =)
Your granite counters look so drool worthy!

Whitney said...

Looks great, girl. What a good idea to overlook the color and work with it to get the look you are going for. I'm impressed!!

Katie said...

YAY for spraypaint!!! It really is a cheapskate's BFF in a can :)

And Mrs. Leah - I got it from a very credible source that Giraffe's LOVE necklaces...my three year old neice. She also believes that she will marry her cousin...and being Georgia/Alabama residents, that statement gave her some credibility in knowing what's up :)

XO - Katie